HySpex Main Specifications
The below specifications are subject to change, due to on-going development.
|Spectral Range||0.4–1.0 µm||0.4–1.0 µm||0.4–1.0 µm||1.0–2.5 µm||0.4–2.5 µm|
|F-number||F2.5||F2.5||F2.5||F2.0||F1.64 | F2.0|
|FOV across track*||16°||17°||17°||16°||15°|
|Pixel FOV across/-|
|Spectral sampl.||5.4 nm||3.7 nm||3.26 nm||5.45 nm||3.0 nm | 6.1 nm|
|# of bands||108||160||182||288||427|
|Binning modes||2, 4, 8||2, 4, 8||-||-||-|
|Noise floor||11e||40e||2.4e||150e||2.4e | 150e|
|Peak SNR||> 330||> 200||> 255||> 1 100||> 500 | > 1 300|
|Dynamic range||3 400||1 000||20 000||7 500||37 000 | 7 500|
|Digitization||12 bit||12 bit||16 bit||16 bit||16 bit|
|Max frame rate**||690 fps||135 fps||260 fps||400 fps||180 fps| 450 fps|
|Sensor head wgt.||4.2 kg||4.6 kg||5.0 kg||5.7 kg||90 kg|
|Sensor head dim. |
(lwh in cm)
|Sensor head pwr. |
|~6 W||~6 W||~30 W||~30 W||~60 W|
|FPA cooling T||-||-||-||~150K||~150K|
* Can be doubled with field expander (except ODIN).
** At full resolution. Can be increased by binning/subwindowing.
The HySpex cameras are based on know-how acquired by NEO since 1995 through several R&D projects (initially defence and space applications) in the field of imaging spectrometry. Today, NEO continues research and product development in close collaboration with companies and research institutes utilising the HySpex cameras in a wide range of applications.
HySpex, NEO’s line of hyperspectral cameras, are compact, high performance and versatile instruments for a multitude of applications, ranging from airborne to laboratory and industrial use of imaging spectroscopy.
Some of the main features of the HySpex design are:
- Minimization and equalization of point spread function across the FOV and throughout the wavelength range.
- Good matching of point spread function with pixel size.
- Low stray light level.
- Low smile effect and spectral keystone effect.
- Low polarization dependence.
- 2nd order suppression.
- High sensitivity and low noise.
- Automatic shutter
- High acquisition speed and data rates.
- Real time correction of responsivity and dark offset.
- Close-up lenses for operation at short object distances are available.
- Field expanders for doubling the FOV are available.
All HySpex instruments are delivered with:
- A dedicated camera control and data acquisition software package.
- Spectral and radiometric calibration data.
- A detailed test report.
- Users manual and necessary accessories such as cables, power supply and frame grabber.
- Optionally, an API (Application Programming Interface) in Visual C++ can be supplied for application specific software development.
- Exact synchronization with external events (e.g. navigation systems or illumination) is possible through TTL level trigger signals.
In case the HySpex specifications don’t meet the requirements of your application, please contact us. NEO designs and delivers customized solutions.